Amongst the soft pastel shades and the sharp colors to superimpose that mark this season, neon hues are coming in to boost your looks and make the summer vibrate.
The most popular neon color is probably fluorescent yellow, followed closely by punchy pink and orange crush. Dancer-turned-actress Julianne Hough, who is starring in the new movie Rock Of Ages with Tom Cruise, probably made more than one head turn at the movie’s premiere night in her long neon yellow dress. You need to be very daring to wear a creation that bold don’t you think ? As for Solange Knowles, Beyonce’s little sister, she dared to wear neon in prints with a Roberto Cavalli blazer accessorized with a flashy pink clutch. Wisely, she kept the rest of her outfit neutral.
Try out the neon trend with an orange skirt paired with a simple black t-shirt for a maximum of impact or with a pair of electric pink heels worn with dark jeans and a white blouse. Add a touch of neon to your nails for a fun splash of color that will punch up any outfits.
1. Orange skirt, XXI, $15.80
2. Sandals, Call It Spring, $50
3. Shoes, Call It Spring, $50
4. Nails Inc. nail polish in Westbourne Grove, $11.50 at Sephora
5. Striped shirt, XXI, 15.80 $
6. Maybelline Color Show nail polish in Go Go Green, $3.89 at Jean Coutu
7. Illamasqua nail polish in Collide, $18 at Sephora