If you were crazy for orange last summer, rejoice, because the vitamin color is back to spice up Spring 2012! Pantone, leader in the creation and communication of colors for a variety of fields, even named the trendy shade Tangerine Tango. I love it, what about you?
Spotlight on international runways where designers had fun with the vibrant color in many shapes and sizes: minimalist jumpsuit at Derek Lam, loose tunic at Hermès, cool pants at Marc by Marc Jacobs, chic and sophisticated separates at Christian Dior and finally, fun print at Dolce & Gabbana. I particularly like the Hermès tunic, to which I would add a belt to accentuate the waist. And you?
Angelina Jolie made many heads turn this week with her dress at the premiere of her movie In the land of blood and honey in Croatia. The rich tangerine color gave a twist to a cut that could have been a bit severe otherwise. As for fashionista Olivia Palermo’s look? The proof that navy and orange are a great match!
In the boutiques of the Complexe Les Ailes, I found a wide range of clothing, accessories and beauty products in trendy orange shades. As for my favorite finds, there is a color-block dress, sandals perfect for summer hot days, nail polish that won’t go unnoticed and an irresistible lipstick duo.
There is orange in my heart:
1. Bedo pants, BCIM, $49.90
2. Bedo dress, BCIM, $79.90
3. Printed kimono, XXI, $27.80
4. Essie nail polish in shade Orange It’s Obvious, $8.95 at Runway Beauty Bar
5. Blast Flipstick lipstick from CoverGirl in shade Stunner, $11.39 at Jean Coutu
6. Color Tattoo eyeshadow from Maybelline in shade Fierce Tangy, $8.79 at Jean Coutu
7. CoverGirl eyeshadow trio in shade Dazzling Metallics, on sale at $4.99 at Jean Coutu
8. Ancar sandals, Spring, $50
9. Clutch, XXI, $16.80